samedi 7 septembre 2013

Transfer news: Thibaut Courtois happy he made choice in staying at Atletico Madrid




The promising Belgium international has yet to make a competitive appearance for Chelsea since signing from Genk in 2011. Since linking up with the Blues, the 21-year-old goalkeeper has spent two full seasons in Spain. He has returned to La Liga for 2013/14, with Courtois reluctant to risk his World Cup dreams by challenging Petr Cech for a starting berth at Stamford Bridge - or moving to another Premier League side. He said in the Daily Star: "The club and Jose Mourinho wanted me back for this season. "They also considered the option of sending me out to a team in the Premier League. "But I was not interested in this option. I feel good in Madrid and wanted to play in the Champions League with Atletico. "I could have gone back to Chelsea and it may have worked out perfectly, but then again I may not have been playing and could have risked losing my starting place with the national team. It would have been a risk for the World Cup." On his plans for the future, amid talk of interest from Barcelona, Courtois added: "Next year? I can afford to take more risks. But for me now, the important thing for me as a young player is to reach a higher level. "I was not afraid of fighting for a spot with Petr Cech. I have no fear of anyone, I believe in my qualities."
Read more at: http://www.sport.net/transfer-news-thibaut-courtois-happy-he-made-choice-in-staying-at-atletico-madrid_35848

0 commentaires :

Enregistrer un commentaire